Terminology: Domain name, DNS, subdomains, additional and parked domains.
- A domain name is a unique alphanumeric designation (comprising the letters "a" through "z", the numbers 0 through 9, and the hyphen "-").
A domain name allows you to identify your website or email address on the Internet.
DNS - every computer on the Internet has its own IP address. But remembering the address in digital form is quite difficult. Therefore, the Internet uses the Domain Name System (DNS).
The DNS name consists of several information fields separated by dots - www.bestname.com.ua.
The rightmost part of the DNS name is called the top-level domain.
- Top-level domains are predefined.
They are divided either on a territorial basis (.ua - Ukraine, .ru - Russia, .fi - Finland), or on the basis of the type of activity
(.com for commercial organizations, .net for networks, .gov for government organizations...).
- Auxiliary domain is a domain that leads to a separate folder and acts as a separate site with independent content. Thus, one account can serve and maintain several different sites.
- Parked domain - a site name that is different from the main domain, but when typed into a browser window, gives the same information as the main domain.
- A subdomain is a domain level above yours. For example, if your domain is domen.ua, then the subdomain for it can be poddomen.domen.ua, or, if your domain is domen.com.ua, then the subdomain is poddomen.domen.com.ua
The cost of operations with domains - registration, renewal, transfer. Payment Methods
Domain names are registered for a period of at least one year, and are also renewed for a period multiple of one year.
In most cases, the procedure for registering or renewing a domain is irreversible in time. Therefore, domains are not registered in advance.
The cost of registration (renewal) of domains is indicated at this link link
If the domain is transferred to us for service from another registrar, then upon the transfer, we renew the domain for another year in advance.
Payment methods for domain names can be viewed here
Recommendations for choosing a domain name. Domain registration restrictions.
To choose a domain name, you need to know the subject of the future site and be guided by the following principles: the name should be short, informative, easy to write and easy to remember.
There are regional domain zones, specialized and their combinations.
For example, domains in the .ua or .ru zone clearly indicate the regional component of the domain.
Specialized domains often indicate the specifics of the activity that the site conducts. Here is a list of the values of the most popular zones:
* .com - commercial organizations
* .org - non-profit organizations
* .name - for individuals
* .info - information domain
* .gov - official government organizations
* .net - network organizations and services
* .biz - business projects
* .asia - companies operating in the Asian region.
The combination of the regional and specialized component in the domain zone will look like this, for example:
* .org.ua - domain for Ukrainian non-profit organization
* .net.ru - a domain for a network organization that operates on the territory of Russia.
When registering a domain, you need to consider some of the nuances:
* Only Latin characters are allowed in the domain:
* * letters "a-z";
* * numbers "0-9";
* * hyphen "-";
Case in domain names is not case sensitive. That is, Bestname.com.ua and bestname.com.ua and even BESTNAME.COM.UA are the same domain. The hyphen must not be at the beginning or at the end of a subdomain. Some zones have minimum character limits.
Also, in some Ukrainian zones, the rules for pairing a domain (for example, od.ua and odessa.ua) apply. In this case, when registering a domain in one of these zones, the domain owner receives an exclusive right to register a paired domain as well.
Domain registration process. Domain name check for availability.
To generate an application for domain registration, you must:
# Go to this page
# Check the domain you like for availability.
# If free - fill in the form that appears.
# Pay with the selected method.
Depending on the domain you have chosen and the payment method, the system will automatically generate an invoice for payment.
Within an hour after receiving the payment, we will start the domain registration process, as soon as the domain is registered, an email with data for accessing the domain control panel will be sent to the e-mail specified in the application.
The list of domain zones, as well as the price list are placed here
Application processing time, domain expiration date.
Upon receipt of payment, we start the domain registration process, as soon as the domain is registered to the e-mail specified in the application, an email will be sent with data to access the domain control panel.
Please note that for different domain zones, the registration period may be different. Time frames can range from a few minutes to 10 days.
Domain registration terms may vary depending on the zone. For example, a domain in international zones can be registered immediately for 10 years, but a domain in the .de zone cannot be renewed for more than one year.
The process of transferring a domain from one registrar to another.
To transfer a domain for service to us:
* You must notify the current registrar of your desire to transfer the domain.
* Generate and pay for a domain transfer application on our website.
* Upon receipt of payment, we will send a request to your current registrar, according to the transfer procedure for your domain.
* Once the domain is transferred to us for maintenance, we will renew it for another year in advance.
To transfer a domain for service from us to another registrar:
* Negotiate the terms of domain support with the future registrar.
* Notify us, from the contact e-mail, of your intention to transfer the domain.
For some domain zones, the transfer procedure may go beyond the steps described above, in which case we will notify you of the required actions additionally.
Domain name control panel. Editing personal data. Ownership change process.
As soon as the domain is registered, we will send you to your contact e-mail, the data for managing the domain name.
Through the panel on the site, you can manage the settings of DNS records, redirects, mail, name servers, and the display of information in WHOIS. Also control the deadline for payment, make changes to the contact information of the domain or edit access data.
According to the rules of most domain zones, when registering a domain, it is necessary to provide truthful information about the owner of the domain. Access to view this information is by default open to the public through the WHOIS system.
In case of incorrect data about the owner in whois of the domain, the zone administrator has the right to block the operation of the domain name. If there is a need to hide data from WHOIS, then this can be done using the appropriate function in the domain control panel.
The domain owner has the right to sell, transfer, or donate their rights to use the domain. To transfer a domain, you must either change the contact information about the domain in the control panel and in the whois service and give the data from the account to the new owner. Or transfer the domain to the account of the new owner. You can do this in the domain name control panel.
Domain reseller program.
If you register a lot of domains, you are a hosting provider or a design studio. We may offer special conditions for domain name registration.
You will be able to manage all the domains of your clients, maintain your individual pricing policy. You can read more about the reseller program here
Domain registration procedure in .UA zone.
To register a domain in the .ua zone, you need the Trademark of the same name. It is impossible to register a domain without such a document.
If you are the owner of such a TM, you must first send to e-mail - email@example.com a scan of the second page "Certificate for the mark
for goods and services" in .jpeg format. The average term for registering a .UA domain is 7 days.
Accounting documentation for domain registration (re-registration) services.
If you have indicated that you are a legal entity, then after receiving the invoice you need to send details for the correct execution of documentation, namely payment with VAT - a certificate of registration and the name of the VAT payer, the postal address (not e-mail) to which you can send the documents; single tax, postal address (not e-mail) to which documents can be sent.
After receiving payment within a week, if all the necessary details are available, the following will be sent to the postal address you specified: VAT payers:
- original invoice, acts and tax invoice.
- single tax: original invoice and acts.
If you need a contract, please provide the following details:
- legal address
- postal address
- bank details
- Director's full name.
Cyrillic domain names. Usage specifics.
Registration and maintenance of Cyrillic domains in the com.ua and kiev.ua zones has a number of features that must be taken into account when ordering such a domain.
This type of domain name is called Internationalized Domain Names, abbreviated as IDN.
An IDN domain has two representation forms:
#The name is written in "regular" characters (Unicode), for example, доменчег.com.ua)
#The name is written in the form of representation of characters of national alphabets, which is called ASCII Compatible Encoding (ACE), the wording "recording in ASCII characters" can also be used.
Domain names in ACE must necessarily begin with the prefix "xn--" this parameter indicates that the domain contains national characters.
Thus, the same name will have, as it were, two hypostases.
In Unicode format, the domain will look like - domaincheg.com.ua
In ASE format, the domain will look like this - xn-c1abda7ahe9e.com.ua
When a user types a domain name in Cyrillic characters, the browser will automatically convert characters that correspond to the ASCII encoding and are valid for use in the normal DNS system.
Hence the conclusions:
* The domain in WHOIS will only be displayed in the ACE form.
* It is impossible to create a mailbox on an IDN domain in its Cyrillic incarnation. Again, only the ACE form.
* When working with an IDN domain in the hosting control panel, you will have to use only the ACE form of the domain..
There are a few more points that need to be mentioned.
* At the moment, different browsers in the address bar display domains differently (some in Cyrillic, some in Latin)
* Foreign language users will be able to get to the site only by specifying the domain in ACE.
* The domain name in the browser must be typed in Cyrillic, and after the dot in Latin.
* It is not yet clear how correctly search engines will treat such domains.
Registration of such domains is available to everyone and is no different from registering a regular domain. There are no special registration conditions for users who already own domains in the Latin alphabet.
Statuses of international domains
Active (Ok) — This status allows you to initiate the change of the Registrar in the registry.
Sixtydaylock — A domain with this status cannot be transferred to another Registrar within 60 days after registration or the last transfer.
pendingCreate — The domain is in the process of being registered.
Lock — Domain lock. For a domain with this status, a transfer to another Registrar cannot be initiated.
clientDeleteProhibited — Status used to prevent deletion of the domain name from the Registry.
serverDeleteProhibited - The registry has blocked the domain and therefore it cannot be deleted.
clientHold — status in which domain name support is suspended. The domain is not delegated. Usually this status is set after the expiration of the domain registration. To delegate a domain, you need to renew its registration.
serverHold - The registry has locked the domain, so the domain settings cannot be changed.
clientRenewProhibited — The registrar blocked automatic domain renewal.
inactive - The domain cannot be used because there are no DNS servers configured for the domain.
clientTransferProhibited — a status in which a change of the Domain Registrar cannot be initiated in the registry. This status is set automatically when registering a domain to protect against unauthorized change of the Registrar.
- Як зареєструвати торгову марку
- Domains .UA
- Domains .COM
- Domains .COM.UA
- Domains .IN.UA
- Domains .УКР
- Domains .NET
- Domains .ORG
- Protection of contact information
- Передача прав на домен
- Премиум домены
- Как выбрать доменное имя
- Как изменить доменное имя сайта
- Как настроить перенаправление домена
- Как привязать домен к хостингу
- Как проверить домен на бан
- Как создать почтовый ящик на домене сайта
- Как узнать регистратора домена
- Как узнать хостинг сайта по домену
- Что такое домен
- Что такое киберсквоттинг
- Самые дорогие домены
- Как проверить историю домена
- Какую доменную зону выбрать
- Как узнать дату регистрации домена
- Популярные домены
- Сколько времени регистрируется домен
- Что нужно для регистрации домена
- Обнаружение и удаление вирусов с сайта
- Проверка склейки домена
- Для чего необходим SSL-сертификат
- Как выставить домен на продажу
- Как изменить IP адрес домена
- Как привязать домен к IP адресу
- Как создать поддомен
- Как установить ssl сертификат
- Как правильно выбрать сертификат
- Как прописать DNS домена
- Не работает домен, не активен
- Что делать после регистрации домена